Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Gifts Quilt

Today I'm back and I'm sharing a quilt that was a long time in the finishing....

I made the top as a shop sample last year. I didn't have it back until after Christmas, so there wasn't a big rush in finishing it.   I had it quilted over the summer and the it sat and sat. And sat and waited to be bound.



And finally, when the snow came an it was December and we still had no other Christmas decorations up, I decided it was time to just get it done. Now we can theoretically snuggle under it and watch all the Christmas movies. (Which we always say we will do, but never really do).





I'm not super into vintage anything, but for some reason I loooooved both the Cosmo Cricket line and the backing. And the Mr. at my house loooooooves anything Christmas, so it's already one of his favorites.



Details:

Fabric: The top is entirely from Cosmo Cricket's "Dear Mr. Claus" 2012 Christmas line. (Well, except the binding which is a Moda Bella Solids White).
            The backing is some awesome flannel that has the appearance of being pieced and has a bunch of gorgeous vintage images all meshed together. (Sorry, I don't know the manufacturer or designer of it).

Pattern:  It is from the free pattern Moda released with the line. I'm not a big pattern follower, so this doesn't really look like much of what I have done recently. But I love it anyway.

Size: 58" x 71"

Quilted: Snowflakes Motif (in cream on the top and a sage-y green on the back)





5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! A christmas quilt is on my to-do list and that looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt. I can't believe I ran across your blog. I love it! I, too, am a mama to a beautiful bloodhound, Rosie, AKA stinker bug, bad doggie, cutie patootie, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that your blg is so darn cuteI. You should blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. Cricket

    ReplyDelete