Sunday, February 9, 2014

Christmas Sewing Wrap-Up

I made a LOT (for me, at least) of quilts for Christmas gifts this year, and didn't really shared them in the off-chance that it would ruin the great surprise... I'm going to write a couple posts to share them.

Here's the first (and maybe my favorite quilt I've made for someone else...)



It's from the #stlouis16patch tutorial that was floating around on IG for a while. Super simple, large graphic 16-patch blocks.



I made it for my favorite brother (and don't worry, he's my only brother).


 It's a large twin size quilt and I used a lot of Parson Grey Seven Wonders fabrics, with some Circa 1934 from Cosmo Cricket, and a few random other pieces that I liked. I LOVE this quilt. It's masculine and bold and simple. It's quilted in loops and has a great drape.


 The back is that fabulous Spot On wideback print in orange. I don't know his favorite colors really, but I like to think they are green and orange.


Details
Pattern: #stlouis16patch
35 blocks -- 13.5" finished (I think).
Fabrics: Parson Gray Seven Wonders Warm color way, Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934, and other random
Backing: Spot On Wide Back
Binding: Moda Bella Solids Black Jelly Roll (hand bound)
Quilted: Loops and more loops in a latte colored thread (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment