Saturday, April 13, 2013

Any Way You Go :: A Little Man Baby Quilt for Jude

So in the vein of sewing baby quilts for old roommates, I bring you a new baby quilt story: version 3.


This one is for a former roomie who is a bright and wonderful woman! She is full of life and joy and I totally missed her wedding last May (and neglected to send a gift, too). Tacky me.  I know.  I'm totally embarrassed about that, but I really want to make it up to her.... so I wanted to sew a special quilt for her first baby, a little boy who should be here on or before next Saturday.


I'm so pleased that I actually finished this before he arrived. Now, I just hope it gets TO him, via the USPS, before he is born.  I started it Super Bowl Sunday. I had the top pieced the next morning. Had it basted and was quilting it the next Tuesday. I attempted FMQ for the first time (on a real quilt on it). My stippling was decent. My long loops were OK, too. But I got stumped after that, so the top sat in my closet, haunting me when I dug in my stash, for the next four weeks. Finally, a week or so ago, I pulled it out, ripped out the old quilting, and started quilting it from the back, simply following the chevron lines.


It is not perfect. Not even close. But I absolutely love it and how bright it turned out.  I really hope my friend and her first little one love it, too.

Details:

Pattern: Quick Triangles Baby Quilt Tutorial from Lindsay Sews (this is an awesome tutorial, with a TON of layout options. Not too mention that it is super speedy because the blocks are large.

Fabrics: A collection of bright prints from my stash with a large yellow and white chevron print for the back.

Quilting: By me, straight lines following the chevron backing.

Finished: April 13, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors! You persevered, as all quilters must do at some point in their journey, and came out all the more knowledgeable and skilled Your friend will surely love this, and you have the happiness that comes with doing your best for someone else. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! You do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete