Thursday, February 28, 2013

QuiltCon 2013: Quilts! (#1)

So I wrote a LOT yesterday about meeting Violet Craft and seeing my Madrona Road challenge quilt in the Michael Miller Booth at QuiltCon. Today I'm sharing some of my favorite quilts and I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!


Bee Mod by Lauren Hawley and the Los Angeles Modern Quilt Guild


zigzigzag by Alison Chambers


Plaid Houndstooth by Leslie Lamb. I thought this was so clever and want to do something similar in the future. 


This was my absolute favorite of the Austin Children's Shelter Quilts and I don't know what guild finished it. It hung behind the lecture stand and was stunning with its bright orange and teal colorscape. 


Papercut by Rebecca Roach This used reverse cut away applique and was one of my favorites. 


New Star Rising by Ben Darby. This won first place in the Modern Traditionalism Large Quilts category. It used all Parson Gray, Curious Nature, fabric and was quite stunning. 


Shattered Spectrum by Lee Heinrich


Left: A Light in the Dark by Elizabeth Dackson
Right: Frost Bank by Claire Jain


Geometric Eames by Heather Davidson


Modern Medalion by Rachel Hauser, which was in the handwork category.




Broken Cogs by Jacquie Gering


Log Cabin Improv by Sherri Lynn Wood  
This was made from vintage Pendleton plaid clothing. I think it won first place for the Handwork Large Quilts category. This might have been my mom's favorite.


Add It Up by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pederson


Seaside Improv by Cristin Wilson


Blue Ice by Jacquie Gering


Orange Improv by Bonnie Dwyer


Housewarming by Jodi McLaughlin


A Very Long Conversation by Rossie Hutchinson


Clouds Unmapped by Jenna Brand 


Fifty Shades of Groovy by Leslie Tucker Jenison 


Connected to Jon by Jacquie Gering and the Sew Connected virtual bee. 


Golden Habitat by Therese Ramsey


End of Story by Rossie Hutchinson 


Rhythm and Blues by Anne Deister 


Project Habitat by Lisa Holk 

I'll be back again with MORE pictures of quilts, as well as my thoughts / comments and photos from the lectures we went to and also to top everything off, a post with all of my favorite Denyse Schmidt quilts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment